Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rainy summer days

This is what my kids do to entertain themselves this summer while stuck in a small apartment on rainy days!




This is one of the many tents (forts) they decided to build on top of my dining room table. 






The next thing she decided to do was make a hammock in the hallway using sheets. 
Luckily, I caught her before she used every thumb tack we have and ripped the sheet all to hell,
to make that dream come true. 

So, she convinced her brother that they are in cocoon's.






What I find funny is, when she has to write a story for homework she freaks the hell out claiming she has no imagination and she can't do it!



At least they aren't bugging the hell out of me.  But, still counting the days until school resumes!

36 days.

Thanks for reading.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Building forts was one of my favourite things to do as a kid!

    And that fitted sheet as a hammock idea is pretty genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how creative children are when they want to be... I love how they can come up with amazing ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if she could be creative CLEANING HER ROOM! Sorry, didn't mean to yell at you. LOL

      Delete
  3. A fort in the dining room is OK so long as they don't build a campfire next to it. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had to be inside and in a fort due to the rain then I just may be there for what seems like 40 days and 40 nights I swear this rain wont stop.

    http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/07/how-great-is-our-god.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do the fort thing with my kiddo all the time...I think I had as much fun as he did. Your kids are adorable...I love the group cocoon pic! That takes some serious imagination!

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me!