Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dear Mom,




Dear Mom,

I'm sure I've told you this before but.. "YOU WERE RIGHT!"   You were right about everything!!
You used to give me advice all the time, and I thought you were an idiot.  What the hell did you know?
You were just this old lady and I was young and full of life and invincible.
So, all the advice and wise words you shared with me.. Thank you!  I know now. I guess better late than never.

I want to apologize for being such a horrible bitch of a teenager.  I have no excuse, so I won't even try to give you one.  Thank you for standing by me and letting me be who I was or at least who I thought I was.

Thank you for being a silly mom.. I'm also a silly mom.  I love that I don't act my age.  And I loved that you didn't act yours either.

I miss, not being able to call you when something happens in my life. I talk to you all the time, but I miss hearing your voice.

I miss sitting with you in the morning over our coffee and making fun of the people on the news.

Forgetting that you were in the shower and hearing you bang on the wall for me.. And you never got mad, you only laughed. God, I felt awful for those couple times. (luckily we never ran out of hot water)

I miss watching movies with you, The scary one's never scared you.
The one's with sex and the one's that said the "Big Black Word".  (how grossed out you would get) and we would laugh together.

Thank you for being the best Mom-Mom to my children.

Emilie and Mom-Mom (After Emilie did a make-over)

Thank you for giving me the privilege of living with me so I can take care of you the last year of your life.

Thank you for being my mom.

I miss you everyday!  Will this feeling ever go away??

Everything I've written above, I've either apologized for or we've talked about.

I just wanted to say it again.

Love,
Ellen

P.S.
I'm having a bad night, and I felt like talking to you.  You always made me feel better.

5 comments:

  1. That is just how we can talk to GOD , and I KNOW He hears us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you lost your mom. That was a great tribute to her, exactly how the rest of us feel and never say it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post xx

    Jumping on board and now following from the TGIF blog hop :)
    http://bloggitymoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful daughter you are.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me!