Thursday, May 3, 2012

NO!


The word for today is “NO”. It seems simple enough, but as women we know it’s one of the hardest one syllable words that we don’t say enough.

Just so you know, this post in not about anyone in particular, I have friends who talk in my ear and as a good friend I listen. Sometimes I give my opinion and sometimes I just take it all in and put it on the Internet.

As women and myself included we don’t say NO enough. Why is it in our DNA to try to please everyone?

When will we realize that we can not make everyone happy..  we can not save the world!

These are the statements I say to myself all the time, but yet I still say YES.

It frustrates me to no end that women I know, again myself included.. Give and give and people take and take, but we keep saying YES.

We feel like we are being good people, by trying to please everyone else, but ourselves. Deep down we know we are being taken advantage of. But we keep doing it!!

Then what happens, we get to a breaking point and we flip out, we go nuts!



We eventually calm down and push it all back inside.

I think we should all say NO to one person once a day. You know you have someone in your life who asks you for crazy favors or expects you to “help” them, when you know they are capable to help themselves. Tell that person NO today! And see what happens.

Maybe you said No to someone that you usually say yes to, how did you feel?  What did you say to yourself afterwards? Oh yah.. Take that and suck it!! Or did you feel guilty?
 I think we should just keep trying.. Until we don’t feel guilty anymore. There is no reason to feel guilty for not letting yourself be taken advantage of. Let some other sucker say yes.




Another part of NO I should include in this post is, we can’t change other peoples lives. They make their own decisions.  You may not agree with what path they have chosen for themselves, but it is not your life you can’t “fix” anyone. They have to be able to stand up on their own two feet and make the changes that will suit them. So say NO to that. Say NO to yourself when you start worrying about someone else and what they have chosen to do or be.

I actually learned that a long time ago, I no longer worry about other people. If you drink and drive and you get arrested, I’m not going to worry about it. That will not keep me up at night!!


What do we get back for saying yes to everyone?  A place in heaven?
That’s all fine and dandy, but I want my reward NOW!

My reward will be saying NO!!!



1 comment:

  1. Interesting points...I said NO tonight and felt guilty but I just didn't want to go...co-workers, friends, family basically any type of relationship is a give and take...no and yes...someone should never feel guilty about saying NO when they have always said yes!!

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me!