Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jumping in with Both Feet

I'm currently sitting on my front porch smoking and watching the dog play in the yard.
Well I feel peaceful and excited at the same time.
Why you ask? Well I will tell you...

I believe I finally found my talent!  I've always loved to write, short stories mostly. I dabbled in poetry some, but it was stuck in my head that everything needed to rhyme.  And because of my lack of rhyming I also couldn't be a rapper!!
When I was younger I used to write all the time. But I never showed anyone my work.
I used it as an outlet, to escape from my life.
But what the hell did I know at 16 years old... well I thought I knew everything. But come to find out I knew nothing. With almost 38 years of experience under my belt, I finally have something to say.
With the encouragement of a fellow blogger and a friend I knew while I was a teenager, she told me to "jump in with both feet".  So that's what I will do and that's what I am doing.
I've started an outline for a book I want to write.
I never liked to read as a teenager, actually I hated it. But in the last 3 years I've read all the time. But what  really annoys me is that I can figure out the ending before I finish the end of the book.
So I've decided I'm going to write one.. yes fiction of course. And I'm so super excited about it. I can't wait to write it and then read it.

I just wanted to let everyone know who reads my blog what I'm up to.  And I wanted to thank Aubree for the encouragement THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for reading my blog and listen to me babble.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend  :)
P.S
Check out Aubree's blog she's an amazing writer: Akashic Aisles: The Basement View

2 comments:

  1. I am Excited for you...The best to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it. I have been told my whole life "you should write a book!" And I kept saying, one day, when my kids grow up, when my work isn't so stressful....and now my kids are grown up but work is still stressful so by the time I get home every day all I want to do is crash and rest. Do it Ellen. Don't make excuses. Time goes by so swiftly you will find yourself standing at Emilie's graduation going "WTF? How did this happen? It seems like just the other day she was in elementary school and I was writing blog.......". Just do it. I know you can because you are bright and funny and have so much going on in that head of yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me!